Attached you will find the 2020 NADOI proposed bylaws as recommended by the Bylaws Committee. They were accepted by the Board of Directors at their July meeting and will now be voted on by the general membership. An amendment must be approved by a vote of at least two-thirds (2/3) of the active membership voting in order to pass.
The proposed amendments will
- Bring meetings and practices into compliance with Alabama State Code
- Change the structure of the board of directors by adding the position of Corresponding Secretary and deleting one member-at-large
- Eliminate the Executive Committee
- Authorize electronic meetings and balloting
- Change the Association’s fiscal year to correspond with the calendar year
- Make the bylaws gender neutral
- Update and clarify wording
Explanations for the rationale for each of these changes are provided on the first two pages of the attached document.
Beginning on page 3, the bylaws are presented in four columns. The first column notes which amendments change that section of the bylaws. The current Bylaws are in the 2nd column, and the proposed changes are in the 3rd column. The final column is how the bylaws will read if the proposed amendments are approved.
Voting will begin in September. This will give you time to review the proposed changes prior to the vote. The ballot will show only the proposed amendments.
Two “town hall” Zoom meetings will be held on FRIDAY, AUGUST 14, 2020 – times to be determined.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the President.